Made from Scratch

My photo
I am married to a crazy quirky man who is perfect for me and together we have a BEAUTIFUL baby girl and another little angel up in heaven. I strive to find balance in my life between faith, family, friends and work.

Friday, October 18, 2013

counting my blessings (it's about time)

Things have been bleak for awhile. I've had a really hard time trying to pull myself out of the dark. I tried so hard to focus on the little good things, but for a couple weeks i found none.

Today however, i have many blessings to focus on and be grateful for.

(in no particular order):
  • This week my sister brought home two BEAUTIFUL girls (ages 3 and 1.5). I got to meet them yesterday and they are so sweet and beautiful and i am so happy to have them join our family. My Goddaughter is such a cutie (the younger one). i can't wait to see  her and Cecelia become friends! And the older one took to me right away and let me help her on the monkey bars and show her how to climb on the playground equipment!
  •  I also got to have my nails done for my friend Jessi's wedding that i'm in on Sunday! i got pampered AND lunch with an amazing old friend.  Seems small, but it's been so long since i had someone take care of me!
  • Last night i got to see most of my good great friends that i have known most of my life (preschool, grade school, high school and beyond) as we celebrated my dear friend's wedding shower/bachlorette party. We stayed in, talked, laughed (a lot). She moved a year ago to Florida and last month she moved to Washington (the state) and i have not gotten to see her! It was great to catch up and hang out. I miss all my friends, i can't seem to get enough of them!
  •  I got a job! It's starting as Seasonal work for a retail store that i LOVE. It's VERY EARLY morning hours but i wont need a babysitter and i'll get tons of time to see my daughter in the afternoon. It will be weird going back to work, but i am SO very ready. I have to be honest, it's not the world's most glamorous job, but i am SO VERY HAPPY to be working there and for an opportunity. I've worked much worse jobs and this will help my family SO MUCH!
  • As previously stated i got to hang out with friends last night.... and this morning i got to sleep in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! until 10am (seems lame, but anyone with kids knows how AWESOME that it)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i woke up to a happy husband and baby and a cup of coffee. within 30 minutes of being awake BOTH went down for a nap! This is so beautiful. i get to sit in my QUIET house, in my PJs, blogging and catching up on the TV shows i missed last night. no baby touching my computer, my husband talking through my tv shows, coffee (in my new SUPER LARGE Harry Potter Coffee Mug my friend got me from Harry Potter World... she rocks) and cake for breakfast (so yummy)!   
- i just reread that and i sound like my parents and i'm not ashamed! It's the little things and life that matter- like hot coffee and watching 1/2 hour of TV without having to pause and rewind! 
  • I also have an action packed weekend: rehearsal dinner tonight, Family pictures and Oktoberfest tomorrow, wedding Sunday! So excited!  
  • Next week Kel and i are going on vacation! It's our two year anniversary so we are getting out of town with Cecelia. We are going to Louisville area to visit his Grandma and Aunt and Uncle. I LOVE seeing them and staying with them. This will be our first trip more than two days with Cecelia's allergies. I am not as nervous as i thought i'd be. Monday i will cook a week's worth of grab and go food (lots of calzones and homemade poptarts) for her! His grandma is SO excited to see Cecelia (and us) and we are just as excited to see her!
  • then in a week we are taking the train to St. Louis to visit and stay with a friend (no cecelia) until Sunday. Haunted Houses, autumn drinks, no kiddo, and good friends! Words cannot describe how long we have waited for this and are looking forward to this.
In short it's been a hard couple of months but with lots of Prayers i ma hoping to be on the up!  I am blessed with an amazing family that loves and supports me, beautiful friends i can go to with anything and love seeing and hanging out with (no matter how much time has passed), an job to get me back in the grind and providing for my family, oh and an amazing husband and PERFECT daughter.

Time to get up, dust myself offand get back out into the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment